Book a document in the room
To consult the documents in the reading room, you will have to register as a SHD reader by going to the site or by filling in the following form : register as a SHD reader.
- It is mandatory to register as a reader in order to book an assessment in the reading room and to consult archival documents and libraries in the different rooms of the SHD. In order to be registered as a reader, you must create your personal account. Once this is done, log in to your account by clicking on the tab My account, on the top right hand side of the homepage. Then, insert your username and your password.
- You may then create your reader number directly on the website by filling in this form : Request reader’s registration.
- Once you are logged in to your account and registered as a reader, you will be able to book an assessment in the reading room by filling in the following form : Requesting an assessment reservation in the reading room. On this form, you will notify the date you have chosen to consult your documents. For the Vincennes site: the majority of documents must be reserved within 5 working days.
- A notification will be sent to you by email as an acknowledgment of receipt. It is by no means the confirmation of the dates you have chosen for your session nor the availability of the documents. Please wait for the confirmation which will be addressed to you by the SHD in your personal mailbox within 5 working days. This same confirmation also notifies you of the processing of your booking request. Please note: it is not possible to book by phone.
- For the archival documents consulted by dispensation, please indicate the reference number and the decision of agreement’s date in the document reservation form. The decision of agreement must be shown in the reading room, during the withdrawal of the documents at the desk.
- Once you have received confirmation by email, you may come and consult your documents.
- For the archival documents, a quota of 5 articles by reader and by session is settled.
- For the library documents, a quota of 12 documents by reader and by session is settled.
- Also find all the practical information concerning the Louis XIV’s reading room.
Se connecter pour accéder au formulaire
Before booking a document in the Louis XIV reading room in Vincennes, you must take note of the consultation procedures (hours, regulations of the reading room, number of documents, microfilms, sanitary conditions).
Last modification on 07/02/2023